Sunday, March 07, 2010

Black Sheep Live @ The Oscars


Evening Black Sheepers .. Sitting here, drinkin' my G&T and about to feast on much yumminess and much extravagance. I'll be updating the winners all night and tweeting live with whatever musings come to my or any of my party guest's minds. If you're not already following, here is the link:

http://twitter.com/blacksheeprevs

Three awards so far and three great choices. Sure I would have liked to see a Fantastic Mr. Fox upset but an Up win is still a great thing. I'm also loving how they are actually honouring the nominted films and performers for their actual work. Even Martin and Baldwin and just going on about movies they love. This is what the Oscar's should be about.

Here are the winners so far:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Christoph Waltz in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
UP

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
THE WEARY KIND from CRAZY HEART by Ryan Bingham and T. Bone Burnett

I actually got the chance to catch the animated and live action shorts this year and I decided to vote what I thought should win rather than what was predicted to see how I would do. I was wrong on both counts. Just wait until I am a voting member.

BEST ANIMATED SHORT
LOGORAMA

BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
MUSIC BY PRUDENCE

BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT
THE NEW TENANTS

BEST MAKEUP
STAR TREK

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
PRECIOUS by Geoffrey Fletcher

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Mo'nique in PRECIOUS

BEST ART DIRECTION
AVATAR

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
THE YOUNG VICTORIA

BEST SOUND EDITING
THE HURT LOCKER

BEST SOUND MIXING
THE HURT LOCKER

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
AVATAR

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
UP

BEST VISUAL EFFECT
AVATAR

BEST FILM EDITING
THE HURT LOCKER

Is it true what they say about the picture winning Film Editing going on to win Best Picture?

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
EL SECRETO DE SUS OJOS

BEST ACTOR
Jeff Bridges in CRAZY HEART

BEST ACTRESS
Sandra Bullock in THE BLIND SIDE

BEST DIRECTOR
Kathryn Bigelow for THE HURT LOCKER

BEST PICTURE
THE HURT LOCKER

There you have it. folks. THE HURT LOCKER takes five out of nine awards and Oscar gets it right this year. A classy affair this evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am now zonked though. Good night!

No comments: