Thursday, September 24, 2009

Black Sheep Is Seeing Stars!


Every time I sit down to write a review, I have to come up with a letter grade to sum the entire thing up when I'm done. My reviews are often anywhere between 300 and 1000 words and that is completely reduced to just one letter with a + or a - after it. Ultimately, I felt it was taking away from the review itself so I'm doing away with grades. I mean, do I think I'm a professor or something?

From here on in, Black Sheep is looking to the stars. One, two, three, four, five - no halves or in betweens. Just stars, less restrictive and more rewarding. Sure, I still have to sum up my review into one of five categories but by simplifying the whole thing, I'm hoping that the reviews themselves will be given more say.

Here is how the stars work ...

5 STARS ... Excellent! Brilliant! I loved it!

4 STARS ... Very good. Solid entertainment.

3 STARS ... Good but not great ... Some problems but still enjoyable ... Not bad, if you will.

2 STARS ... Some redeeming qualities but watch at your own risk. Passable but just.

1 STAR ... You suck! Or as Sheldon might say, "Bah-ah-ah-ah-d!"

All the ratings for all the previous reviews have been updated. Some have even been adjusted now that some time has passed. In honour of the new system, Black Sheep gives you the 20 five-star reviews dating back to the beginning.

ATONEMENT

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

THE DARK KNIGHT

THE DEPARTED

DISTRICT 9

THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY

ENTRE LES MURS (THE CLASS)

GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK

HUNGER

JUNO

MATCH POINT

MILK

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

ONCE

THE QUEEN

RATATOUILLE

SIN NOMBRE

THE SQUID AND THE WHALE

UNITED 93

WALL-E

Enjoy ... and if all goes well, maybe you can be my lucky star!

No comments: