Tuesday, October 07, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! BLACK SHEEP IS 3! (part four)


It is the fourth and final week of the month long celebration of Black Sheep's third year anniversary. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I cannot believe it has been three years that I've been doing this. I cannot believe the growth I've seen in that short time. I cannot believe that you keep coming back day after day to make my dreams possible. I cannot thank you enough.

First things first, let's give some movie love away. Who were last week's winners, you ask?

Othalia Tesserot knew that I once gave MATCH POINT an A- and SCOOP a C, so she wins a pass to VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA (which incidentally, I gave a B+).

And Wadia Fils-Aime knew that Jose Saramago wrote BLINDNESS and can now go see the movie.

This week's giveaways are for the French film, FAUBOURG 36 and the new western, APPALOOSA. I'm going to make it real easy on you this week too.

FAUBOURG 36
This film is Christophe Barratier's follow-up to what film?

APPALOOSA
This film is Ed Harris' directorial follow-up to what film?


Moving forward, I would like to shift the focus back to the movies and the reviews one more time. After all, what are we celebrating here? If you will indulge me, the following are some of my favorite reviews of some of my favorite films from the last three years ...

ATONEMENT

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

THE DARK KNIGHT

THE DEPARTED

HALF NELSON

I'M NOT THERE

JUNO

LITTLE CHILDREN

MATCH POINT

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

ONCE

RATATOUILLE

THE SQUID AND THE WHALE

UNITED 93

WALK THE LINE

WALL-E

Here's to the next three years!

No comments: